SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Highly accomplished web developer with outstanding production experience and demonstrated expertise managing high-end projects in deadline-oriented environments. Over 13 years of web development/IT experience with a proven background, from initial design and architecture to site deployment.
Website Consultant (Part-time, remote) September 2016 – Present
National Medical Association – Silver Spring, MD
I manage every aspect of the association’s website and email blasts. Every aspect of this association’s website is managed by Yourmembership.com.
- I post news items, updated content, events, career listing.
- Design and code email marketing emails.
- Work with Yourmembership support to have tasks completed that can’t be done by the website administrator.
- Work with a number of different employees who are all remote.
Director of Web Operations October 2009 – May 2017
United States Telecom Association (USTelecom) – Washington, DC
- I Collaborated with staff and third party vendors to develop, implement and administer existing & new websites and systems, including designing, prototyping, and producing functional websites.
- I posted content, video, images on multiple web properties.
- Performed updates to Drupal using Git and Acquia Cloud servers.
- Actively and routinely performed quality assurance throughout: analyzed systems for defects and security issues; developments and applies solutions.
- Represented USTelecom through e-mail communication with members. This includes the design & development of the newsletters (using Adobe tools and hand coding) as well as sending them out 2+ times a week through email blast services (Informz, BlueHornet, Xert). Design and run A/B and multivariate tests on marketing emails.
- I was involved in the production (recording, use of a teleprompter) of video used to educate the public on broadband and the recording and producing of Livestream events (using a Livestream HD500.
- Utilized appropriate analytic tools to measure communications effectiveness and make adjustments.
Website Consultant October 2016 – December 2016
Law Offices of Sean O’Connell – Arlington, VA
I was contracted by the law office to completely redesign their existing website using WordPress as a CMS. I worked with the client on the design and overall look and feel of the their website. The law office wanted a more robust website that offered visitors multiple ways to contact them, no matter where they were on the website. I customized their WordPress install so that the admin interface was customized just for the law office and removed unnecessary navigation items that didn’t pertain to their website. http://www.swolawoffice.com.
Associate Director of Internet Services February 2004 – August 2009
Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) – Arlington, VA
- Was responsible for all stages of development and maintenance of AGC.org.
- Performed 3 major web site redesigns including a move to a CMS twice.
- In charge of collecting feedback from staff (70+) on web development needs.
- Coordinated all aspects with vendors to ensure that projects did not exceed budgetary and time constraints.
- Managed multiple projects including an LMS implementation.
- Created web ads, banners, and e-newsletters to drive attention to the web site.
- Assisted Director of IT w/cloning of new workstations, administration of VOIP system, building of Windows Server 2003 servers and support issues, including the deployment and support of Blackberry’s.
- Troubleshoot internal network, servers and desktops (hardware & software) issues.
Mapping Associate II 1997-1999 & 2001-2004
Michael Baker Jr. Inc. – Beaver, PA & Alexandria, VA
- Produced Flood Insurance Rate Maps for the Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Worked on the FEMA Floodplain mapping project and the NC Statewide Floodplain Mapping Project
- Performed input, update, modification, manipulation and analysis of GIS data for the FEMA Project
- Responsible for processing and converting geographic data using a variety of software tools
- Responsible for training new staff members on basic procedures, workflow, software and FEMA standards
- Performed disaster mapping for New York City for the September 11, 2001 World Trade Center attacks
Northern Virginia Community College – 2005-2009
- Web Design classes (total of 15 credit hours)
Strayer University – 2002-2005
- Multiple IT related classes (total of 28 credit hours)
Available upon request
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST)